They say that to lose weight, 80% of it is diet while the other 20% is exercise. While that’s true, you shouldn’t put off exercising altogether. There are plenty of exercises out there to help you shed the pounds. If you’re a beginner, here is a good weight loss workout to start out with.

1. WARM UP EXERCISES FOR YOUR WEIGHT LOSS WORKOUT

Before you even think of picking up a weight or doing one crunch, it’s essential that you do your warmup routine. Hence, just take 5-10 minutes to jog in place or anything that gets your muscles loose and your blood flowing.

2. JUMPING JACKS TO LOSE WEIGHT

Ah, good old jumping jacks. The Army loves them and so does your body. Start your workout routine with jumping jacks to boost up that cardiovascular healthy. In addition to being a heart-healthy exercise, jumping jacks are just plain fun with some music in the background.

3. PUSHUP EXERCISES FOR YOUR WEIGHT LOSS WORKOUT

Since we mentioned jumping jacks, let’s talk about another Army favorite. Pushups. Spread your arms shoulder length apart and your legs the same. Then push your chest down to the ground and lift yourself back up. That’s one. Try to do as many as possible in a 40 second period.

4. MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS TO LOSE WEIGHT

Remaining in the pushup position, bring each leg towards your chest like you’re running uphill. Hence, the “mountain climbing” association. Then, alternate legs for the duration of the 40 seconds.

5. ALTERNATE LUNGES EXERCISES FOR YOUR WEIGHT LOSS WORKOUT

Next up are alternate lunges. Step forward with one leg and lunge down so you really feel that burn in the leg. Alternate legs and keep this up for 40 seconds.

6. HIGH KNEES TO LOSE WEIGHT

In the standing position, put your arms in front of you. Now, bring your legs up quickly to hit your knee on your outstretched arms. In addition to being fun, high knees are a great way to shed fat quickly.

7. TRICEP DIP EXERCISES FOR WEIGHT LOSS WORKOUT

Back to the ground now. Sit up, put your feet firmly on your floor and put your arms behind you. Now, lift yourself up and down with your arms to work out those triceps.

8. BURPEES TO LOSE WEIGHT

Everyone hates burpees but they’re great for shedding fat. Start in the pushup position, bring your legs in, then out and jump up as high as you can. Then do it all over again on repeat.

9. SQUAT EXERCISES FOR WEIGHT LOSS

Stand up and put your legs shoulder width apart. Now, squat down as low as possible without hitting the ground. Then push up with your heels hard back to a standing position. In addition to being a great exercise to shed fat, squats help you strengthen the quads.

10. PLANK TO LOSE WEIGHT

Since we’re at the end here, let’s keep it simple. Just stick your forearms out and hold your body up with them. This forms a “plank” of your body. Hold that for 40 seconds to burn fat and strengthen the core.

Comments

comments